The proposal for acquisition of lands to be acquired by the Ministries , Departments and Institutions under Western Provincial Council is submitted to the Ministry of Local Government and Provincial Councils along with the recommendation of the Chief Secretary.
Documents which are required
- Statement of particulars on the land proposed to be acquired.
- Application under chapter 460 of the Land Acquisition Act
- Tracing or plan of the land which has been acquired
- Gross valuation report of the land
- Approval for the proposal of the Council if the land is Acquired for a Local Government Institution
- The receipt obtained from the respective Divisional Secretariat by way of depositing gross valuation of the land
- Recommendation of the respective Head of Department / Secretary of the Ministry
- Feasibility report obtained under interim provision 38(a)
- The consent of the respective Local Government Institution when a land in another Local Government Institution is acquired